We are all looking for an inexpensive way to organize the spaces that we have. Well, we have some tips for you, when you are looking at organizing a closet without redoing the closet interior. Here are some quick tips.
1. Make sure when you are putting clothes away you are putting them together with other clothes that are the same. For example all pants should go together, all shirts should go together and all casual clothes should go together. This makes everything easier to find quickly and easily.
2. When storing things on the top shelf get decorative baskets or boxes to use and label the bottom of the basket so there isn’t a big label at the front of the box or basket. You can still see what is in the box once you have it a bit off the shelf. It looks more organized and you will find your things quicker.
3. When stacking the top shelf do not over stack. We say this because when you have clothes stacked 2 feet deep that’s when you need the bottom shirt or sweater. When you take out that shirt or sweater this action can produce the rain of clothes. Then it takes time to put everything back . It’s easier to have your folded clothes not so deep, it’s also more efficient.
4. There are no quick fixes for drawers. Some people put dressers into the closet, I find that it takes out to much space and the hang above will no longer work either.
5. Shelves can be challenging as well retrofitting them into an existing closet system. When builders put in a regular height rod and shelf it’s about 2.5 feet from the ceiling. Therefore any quick fix makes the hanging space quite short for an adult or a teenager. So the hanging space above any quick fix shelf is too short.
If you are looking to put storage into your closet it’s best to have a our professional company come in to discuss your needs in the closet space. It’s also good to have a budget, and share it with the designer. Please let our designers know that you would like to do an inexpensive option.
We are here to work with you and get your needs met in the closet. We do have free in home consultations and we do provide you a design.
We would love to work with you if you are beyond just the quick fixes and tips. Give us a call at 403 251 6400 or fill out the contact us form on the website.
Have a wonderful Spring!
Calgary Custom Closets
403 Forge Road SE